Course # RE-190: Offshore Lifting
for Lift Planners & Rigging Engineers
This Course may be taken by students wishing to complete the entire Program, or as a standalone course. This course is available online and on-demand.
This Course is 12 weeks in duration.
The course fee is $1,795.
Module 1: Introduction to Offshore Lifting
- Course Introduction
- Safety Considerations
- Types of Offshore Lifts
- Industry Overview
Module 2: Vessels & Equipment
- Vessel & Equipment Overview
- Standard Vessels
Module 3: Engineering Considerations
- Onshore vs. Offshore
- Acceleration and Periods
- Center of Gravity Movement and Shifting
- Forces and Accelerations
- Design for Dynamic Loading
Module 4: Lift Planning
- Codes and Standards
- Building & Executing Lift Plans Workshops 1 - 6
- Success in the Offshore Lifting Industry