CityBuild Academy (CBA) is now offering their students the opportunity to experience what it's like to operate a crane via the immersive technology of ITI's VR Crane Simulator. Looking for a new way to integrate virtual reality technology CBA chose to implement a desktop crane with two of ITI's multi-access pods, powered by the ITI Essentials by Crane Type subscription.
CBA shared that the initial appeal of ITI VR Crane Simulator was the fact that it provides a safe and cost-effective way for students to train in heavy equipment operation, within the confines of the densely populated San Francisco Bay Area. Following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, CBA realized another unique benefit to the VR Crane Sim - the ease at which they can address COVID-19 protocols. ITI's VR Crane Simulator allows for social distancing as well as easy sanitation between users. With the addition of the VR Crane Simulator, CBA will be able to continue providing often underserved communities with valuable job skills.
CityBuild Academy aims to meet the demands of the construction industry by providing comprehensive pre-apprenticeship and construction administration training to San Francisco residents. CityBuild began in 2006 as an effort to coordinate City-wide construction training and employment programs and is administered by OEWD in partnership with City College of San Francisco, various community non-profit organizations, labor unions, and industry employers.
What does this program offer?- 18 week Pre-Apprenticeship training in partnership with City College of San Francisco, Evans Center
- Hands-on training and instruction in the 26 Building Trades
- Classroom instruction and up to 15 college credits
- Case management and retention services
- Supportive services (uniforms, union indenture fees)
- Industry certifications, including: CPR and First Aid, OSHA 10, HAZWOPER, Fork Lift/Skid Steer, and Boom Lift
- Access to CityBuild's Women Leadership and Mentorship Group
- Job referrals and placement assistance
- Math tutoring and preparation
- Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) support offered through City College of San Francisco
About ITI VR Crane Simulations
ITI VR Crane Simulations encompasses the most widely-used VR crane operator training and assessment platform in the world. ITI VR harnesses the technology of virtual reality, powered by development partner Serious Labs, and is infused with the technical industry knowledge and instructional design of Industrial Training International subject-matter experts to provide fully immersive, hands-on, practical operator training.
At ITI VR Crane Simulations, we believe in:
- 1-to-1 Authenticity - In partnership with leading crane manufacturers like Broderson, Liebherr, Link-Belt, Tadano, and Terex, we strive to create a virtual experience indistinguishable from the real world.
- Robust, Unmatched & Growing Offering - With 9 crane models, 500+ scenarios (and more on the way), our community of subscribers benefit from a growing and unmatched breadth and depth of simulation content, without having to pay more for new features.
- Continuous Improvement with our Customers - We never settle and don't expect our customers to either. That is why so many of the world's best-run organizations are a part of the ITI VR community including Bechtel, ExxonMobil, Nucor Steel, General Electric, United Rentals and the US Navy utilize ITI VR Crane Simulations. The pioneering subscription model allows our community members unlimited content updates including, new crane types, training scenarios, and environments as they become available.
Learn more about how organizations are leveraging ITI VR to improve their load handling operations.
ITI is a global leader in training and technical services for users of load handling equipment and has been a pioneering force in the load handling industry since 1986.