ITI is a leading provider of educational and technical services for those who use cranes, rigging and load handling equipment. The company is based in Woodland, WA and operates 7 training centers within the U.S. and Canada. ITI also provides client site training and on-site technical services worldwide.
ITI instructors typically have over twenty years of field experience in crane and rigging operations from a variety of industries including: mining, oil and gas, power generation, aerospace, construction, railroad, shipbuilding, and more.
ITI instructors conduct training programs related to cranes, rigging, and heavy equipment at ITI Training Centers as well as at ITI customer locations around the world. Instructors also conduct field services offered by ITI including accident investigations, crane and rigging audits, procedure document development, lift director services, and critical lift planning. Instructors conduct the bulk of their courses at customer locations which results in an extensive travel schedule. Each week, the instructor must be willing to be away from home 3 to 5 days.
Instructors may also be asked to assist in the development and editing of program materials, customer presentations, and similar projects.
All instructors are managed, trained, and evaluated by the ITI Technical Director. The ability to absorb the course materials and become a trained and certified instructor is critical.
ITI prefers candidates based near its training centers in the following cities (in priority), although, the minimum requirement is to be within driving distance of a major airport:
- Houston, TX
- Memphis, TN
- Cleveland, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Woodland, WA
- Edmonton, AB
- Anchorage, AK
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Excellent communication skills including public-speaking, training 10-20 people in a session, technical writing and evaluation.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn various systems including Salesforce.com, OneNote and Adobe products.
- More than 20 years of experience in an industrial setting such as mining, oil and gas, power generation, aerospace, construction, railroad, shipbuilding, etc.
- More than 10 years of experience conducting or overseeing crane, rigging, and lifting activities.
- Ability to travel 50-70% of the time; travel varies widely month-to-month.
- Ability to obtain certifications, including written and practical skills assessments.
- Ability to obtain passport and TWIC card.
- Only under rare circumstances could ITI hire an Instructor who has had a felony, DUI, or other significant charges due to the stringent security clearances required from our customers.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in an industrial, technical, or related field.
- More than 5 years of training or teaching experience.
- NCCCO certifications for Crane & Rigging Programs.
- NCCCO Practical Examiner Accreditations for Crane & Rigging Programs.
- Life-long learner
- Humble and teachable
- Enthusiastic & a great communicator
- High Level of Integrity
Total Compensation for ITI Instructors begins at $75,000 per year and includes the following items:
- Salary is commensurate upon experience
- Full medical benefits
- Bonus program based on paid-training days
- 401(k); 3% guaranteed and up to 10% matching from ITI
ITI is an equal opportunity employer and understands that our people are the foundation and driving force of all that we accomplish. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this career opportunity. Due to the volume of applicants, we apologize if we do not respond to your inquiry as not all applicants will be contacted.