Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) recently selected ITI Crane Simulation to help take their team's training to the next level. Prior to the arrival ITI's VR Crane Simulators at three of the FPL operating sites, cranes had to be taken out of service or rented in order to conduct training and certification exams, resulting in significant costs. Through the implementation of ITI's motion base VR crane simulator for mobile crane and remote control desktop units for overhead crane utilization, FPL will save time and money while safely engaging their employees in immersive training and evaluation scenarios. By conducting evaluations on subcontractors prior to executing lifts on site FPL will be able to document due diligence and operator performance in an effort to make their sites safer.
About Florida Power & Light
Florida Power & Light Company is the largest energy company in the United States as measured by retail electricity produced and sold, serving more than 5 million customer accounts or an estimated 10 million+ people across the state of Florida. FPL’s typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill is approximately 30% lower than the latest national average and among the lowest in the U.S. FPL’s service reliability is better than 99.98%, and its highly fuel-efficient power plant fleet is one of the cleanest among all electric companies nationwide. The company was recognized in 2020 as one of the most trusted U.S. electric utilities by Escalent for the seventh consecutive year. A leading Florida employer with approximately 8,900 employees, FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2020 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” NextEra Energy is also the parent company of Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 470,000 customers in eight counties throughout northwest Florida, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage.
About ITI VR Crane Simulations
ITI VR Crane Simulations encompasses the most widely-used VR crane operator training and assessment platform in the world. ITI VR harnesses the technology of virtual reality, powered by development partner Serious Labs, and is infused with the technical industry knowledge and instructional design of Industrial Training International subject-matter experts to provide fully immersive, hands-on, practical operator training.
At ITI VR Crane Simulations, we believe in:
- 1-to-1 Authenticity - In partnership with leading crane manufacturers like Broderson, Liebherr, Link-Belt, Tadano, and Terex, we strive to create a virtual experience indistinguishable from the real world.
- Robust, Unmatched & Growing Offering - With 9 crane models, 500+ scenarios (and more on the way), our community of subscribers benefit from a growing and unmatched breadth and depth of simulation content, without having to pay more for new features.
- Continuous Improvement with our Customers - We never settle and don't expect our customers to either. That is why so many of the world's best-run organizations are a part of the ITI VR community including Bechtel, ExxonMobil, Nucor Steel, General Electric, United Rentals and the US Navy utilize ITI VR Crane Simulations. The pioneering subscription model allows our community members unlimited content updates including, new crane types, training scenarios, and environments as they become available.
Founded in 1986, ITI is the world's foremost provider of educational and technical solutions for users of cranes, rigging, and load handling equipment through the following delivery methods:
- Instructor Led Training at Customer Locations and ITI Training Centers
- Live Online and On-Demand Courses through the ITI Learning Hub
- Virtual Reality Crane & Equipment Simulations
- Professional Consulting & Field Services
- Training Curriculum & Reference Materials through the ITI Bookstore
ITI serves thousands of customers across the globe spanning dozens of industry verticals, with offices and training centers in the USA, Canada, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
Interested in speaking with one of our Training Solutions Advisors? Reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org