A special condition arises when lifting a load whose pick points are not on the same elevation. In determining the slings and rigging hardware necessary for the lift, the rigging planner needs to realize the affect of the load’s pad eyes at different levels.
Using the formula in the Level vs Off-level Pick Points on Master Rigger's Reference Card Panel 10 below, identify the tension for Slings 1 and 2 in the problem below. Then identify the wire rope slings and shackles needed to rig the beam using the Journeyman Rigger's Reference Cards, also pictured below.
Determine the tensions and rigging selections below based on the illustration. Answers can be found below.
- Sling 1, tension = _______ lb
- Sling 1, load shackle (SPA) = _______" @ _______ lb WLL
- Sling 1, wire rope sling = _______" @ _______ lb WLL
- Sling 2, tension = _______ lb
- Sling 2, load shackle (SPA) = _______" @ _______ lb WLL
- Sling 2, wire rope sling = _______" @ _______ lb WLL
- Rigging shackle = _______" @ _______ lb WLL
Happy trails to all my crane and rigging friends,