Set yourself up for success with our new online, NCCER Basic Rigger Certification Test Preparation course! We have designed this course to provide students with a better understanding of common rigging hardware, proper safety practices for load-handling, inspection techniques, hand signals, and hitch configurations. This training is specifically geared towards those in the crane and lifting industry who want to prepare for NCCER certification. Note: The NCCER Trainee Guide is included with the purchase of the course.
Those who already have an ITI Learning Hub Professional (Team) subscription have free access to this course as a part of their library. Interested in learning more about becoming an ITI Learning Hub subscriber? Set up a call with an ITI Learning Hub Specialist today!
The NCCER Basic Rigger Certification Test Prep course is now available to ITI students, online and on-demand! Included below is a breakdown of the course modules and what you can expect to takeaway from the course upon completion.
Rigging Practices | 6-8 hrs.
- Basic rigging and safety practices
- Rigging hardware, jacks, and hoisting identification
- Use and inspection of rigging equipment and hardware
- Sling angles and basic hitches
- Taglines and knots
Crane Safety and Emergency Procedures | 2-3 Hrs.
- Crane safety standards and safety practices
- Safety considerations related to powerlines, weather conditions, and specific crane functions
Basic Principles of Cranes | 2.5-3.5 Hrs.
- Introduction to various mobile crane types, crane components, and safety devices
- Introduction to factors associated with lifting capacity
- Introduction to load charts
Crane Communications | 1-1.5 Hrs.
- Communication process and barriers between the signal person and the crane operator
- Communication Standards and requirements
- Verbal communications and equipment
- Standard hand signals
NCCER is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) education foundation created in 1996 as The National Center for Construction Education and Research. It was developed with the support of more than 125 construction CEOs and various association and academic leaders who united to revolutionize training for the construction industry. Sharing the common goal of developing a safe and productive workforce, these companies created a standardized training and credentialing program for the industry. This progressive program has evolved into curricula for more than 70 craft and maintenance areas and a complete series of more than 70 assessments offered in over 6,000 NCCER-accredited training and assessment locations across the United States. For more information about NCCER visit nccer.org
Industrial Training International (ITI) is a global leader in the design and delivery of learning solutions for organizations conducting crane, rigging, and load handling activities. Founded in 1986, the company originally specialized in instructor-led training, field services, and consulting. ITI has since grown to also produce live online, and on-demand courses delivered via the ITI Learning Hub and has been recognized with numerous industry association awards for its groundbreaking virtual reality crane simulator solution. For more information about ITI, visit iti.com