New this month: The ITI Learning Hub now provides you and your team with the opportunity to engage in Overhead Crane Electronic Fundamentals and Overhead Crane Electric Motor training - online! Here we outline our two newest online courses, along with the learning objectives that students can look forward to tackling.
1 Hour | This course is designed to provide an overview of DC and AC current, as well as basic principles related to electricity as they pertain to overhead crane technicians.
The course will cover:
Basic principles related to electricity such as:
- Explain the basic principle of electricity
- Contrast AC and DC electricity
- Summarize the difference between current and voltage
- Define common terms
- Identify electrical symbols
- Explain the function of general components
1 Hour | This course is designed to provide a basic overview of DC motors, 3-phase AC induction motors, single phase AC induction motors, and AC wound rotor induction motors.
The course will cover:
- How each motor type works and is constructed.
- The electrical symbol commonly used for each type.
- How to vary the speed and direction of each motor type.
- Define the terms related to motors
- Summarize how an induction motor works
- Explain how to reverse a three-phase motor
- Summarize how a wound rotor motor works
- Summarize how a single-phase motor works
- Explain how to reverse a single-phase motor
About the ITI Learning Hub
The ITI Learning Hub includes the world’s largest collection of crane, rigging, load handling, and industrial safety training resources ever assembled. With an expansive library of manufacturer resources, the ITI Learning Hub enables companies to create bespoke learning paths for their workforce via a custom branded interface, where training managers can track and store employee credentials with ease, distribute content as needed, and ensure continuous improvement for all team members. For more information about the ITI Learning Hub, visit learn.iti.com
Industrial Training International (ITI) is a global leader in the design and delivery of learning solutions for organizations conducting crane, rigging, and load handling activities. Founded in 1986, the company originally specialized in instructor-led training, field services, and consulting. ITI has since grown to also produce live online, and on-demand courses delivered via the ITI Learning Hub and has been recognized with numerous industry association awards for its groundbreaking virtual reality crane simulator solution. For more information about ITI, visit iti.com