Test and grow your skill and knowledge with this lift director training quiz. Don't worry about getting questions wrong, uncovering skill and knowledge gaps (and strengths!) via a "Test»Train»Assess" model allows you to make the most of your precious training time. Choose the BEST answer for each question below.
(Answers provided below the last quiz question)
1. Regardless of the title, the person who performs the function of load handling ____________ is referred to as the lift director.
2. When analyzing the site of a lift, the lift director must know how to identify and address hazards related to ground/surface conditions during lifting operations, such as:
3. The lift director must know the roles, responsibilities, and qualification of personnel involved in the lifting operation. Which of the following personnel is EXCLUDED from the lift director’s scope?
4. ASME _____________ - Mobile and Locomotive Cranes, details the responsibilities of the lift director in chapter 3.
5. Ensuring that the crane is in proper operating condition prior to initial use at the work site is the responsibility of whom?
6. Ensuring that standard, discernible hand or voice signals provided to the operator are in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s requirements appropriately describes whom?
7. The ASME Standard that covers lift planning is?
8. The role of the lift director is covered in ASME B30.5.
9. The lift director is not required to be at the job site during lifting operations.
10. According to NCCCO, a lift director must be able to identify and address hazards associated with special lifting operations including (select all that apply):
ITI offers several training options and other resources for lift directors or those aspiring to become lift directors.
- Lift Director & Critical Lift Planning Course
- 3 Days
- Available at ITI Training Centers and Client Locations
- Showcase Webinar Recording – ASME B30 and P30 Developments
- Lift Planning Info Kit [Download]
- NCCCO Lift Director Flowchart [PDF Download]
Call 800.727.6355 to speak with a Training Solutions Advisor about lift director training options today!