Virtual Reality Simulator
175 Ton Capacity - Built to Handle Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) Components
The ITI VR Polar Crane, sometimes referred to as Reactor Servicing Cranes, operate on a circular track or runway, within containment/reactor facilities. Polar cranes' primary function is removal and replacement of reactor components, and are also utilized during the refueling and outage process.
Due to the highly specialized environment and use cases, training for polar crane operators presents a number of challenges.
and feature released.
All ITI VR Station Base Options Include:
- High Powered VR Laptop
- Oculus Headset & 2 Oculus Sensors
- Configuration Pod Mounts
- Controller Pods
MOTION BASE SIMULATOR STATION
DESKTOP SIMULATOR STATION
TRIPLE SINGLE AXIS POD
TWIN SINGLE AXIS POD
MODULAR FOOT PEDAL
More than 70 unique polar crane operator learning scenarios!
High Level Objectives include:
- Learn basic functions, controls, and operation techniques.
Hook & Pole
- Repetitions focusing on hook manipulation.
- Repetitions focusing on load control.
- Learn rotate and trolley control functions.
- Learn how to catch the swing of the block.
- Repetitions with a focus on precision and accuracy.
Full Lift Execution
- Utilize multiple functions to handle large loads safely and efficiently.
- Multiple loads unique to the nuclear environment including - Missile Shields, Gate Blocks, Reactor Vessel Head, and Internal Components.
- Learn voice signals for Polar Crane operation.
- Utilize multiple functions to lift and place practice loads (blocks), safely and efficiently.